Hello! I just wanted to write a quickie update to my last post about my New Year’s resolution to develop a better skin routine! So far, it’s going well, but I think my skin is going into a “purge” phase. My acne is getting worse, but I’m not worried because Glam Glow just pulls everything to the surface & I’ve already noticed that my skin is more vibrant! I’m still working on developing a solid routine, but I DO have some tips for those of you who are new to Glam Glow.
1. I know it’s pricey, but Sephora is awesome & they will sample anything, so all you have to do is go in & politely ask for a sample if you’ve never tried it before. Maybe you have sensitive skin & need to see how your skin will react to all the (awesome) ingredients?
2. Warn your significant other that you are Glam Glowing. I have terrified my husband more than once with my Glam Glow face. Or, don’t warn them, and let the spooking fun begin!
3. I like to rinse off my Glam Glow mask in the shower, then Clarisonic with a gentle cleanser (usually Purity by Philosophy), so before you put on the mask, you might want to remove all of your top layers of clothing, lest you stain your Lulu. Then you’d have to read this post.
4. I like to pat my mask on, rather than spreading it. I feel like I get more even coverage patting it on, even though I might use a smidgen more. That said you should use a thin layer. This mask needs to dry completely, and you don’t need a lot to get results.
5. Find out what works for you. I like to leave my mask on for 15 minutes, but I don’t have sensitive skin & I have slightly oily skin. This mask is slightly drying, but not really drying like other masks I’ve tried. If you have sensitive skin, maybe you should try using it for only 10 minutes, or if you need a more intense treatment leave it on for the full 20 minutes. It’s all about finding out what works best for you & your unique skin type.
6. Relax & enjoy. I like to catch up on my favorite YouTubers or watch an episode of The Big Bang Theory while Glam Glowing! Have Fun!
I just wanted to write a quickie update to this post to say that while I found Glam Glow to be a little drying, it was mostly on my cheeks, so I’ve since stopped applying it there and have continued to use it only on my T-zone. Happy Glowing!
I’ve now been using Glam Glow for 6 months and I thought I should do a little update. First: over all, I found this masks only works for me on my t-zone. If I apply it everywhere, it dries me out. Second: I do still really like it, but I do find it pricey. Thankfully, by applying it only to my t-zone, I get quite a few more uses out of it. Third: I have started using it only once per week. I used to sometimes use it twice, but I think it works best for me once a week, and I use other masks throughout the rest of the week. (Some hydrating, some skin clearing).